Top Ten Must Do List to Help You Move Home – Tips For Moving and Packing Boxes
Top Ten Must-Do List To Help You Move Home
1. Starting early is always an advisable thing to do even if it is 3 months ahead or don’t have a moving date fixed.
2. At least start the planning and processes for the move. Allow plenty of time to complete the packing.
3. Record and keep inventory of all items in your home. You will be surprised to know how long your list of belongings will end up. By this time, you will already know how many packing boxes you will need for the move.
4. Before you start your packing, go through all the items in your house and select which ones you need and the ones you don’t. This is essential to reduce unwanted goods being moved when you know you will never use it. This can be done by donating, give away or by the most famous method of carrying out a garage sale. Other items like damaged furniture, papers, magazine, broken appliances, worn rugs and clothes should be discarded. Please check with your local municipal authority on the best discarding option as carting away unused items can be very expensive and time consuming.
5. Now you can start creating your moving and packing plan. Create a list of schedule of items requiring moving and packing boxes. This schedule should also reflect the number of days and resources required to achieve the plan. Repeat this action over at least 4 weeks prior to the move. Use as much human resources as you can start from selecting members of your family unit. Categorized all items and maintain a checklist for them.
6. All items can now be assembled at a preferred location within your home so that they can be monitored for packing progress at all times.
7. Now that the items are stacked in one location, you should be able to estimate its volume by measuring the footprint and height of the items. This is necessary to start ordering moving and packing boxes together with some packing tape, scissors and permanent markers.
8. You can order moving supply kits as they come as a package for the convenient of moving and packing your belongings. These packages come with several sizes of moving and packing boxes. Try to match the volume of your items with the volume of boxes that come in the package to avoid wastage or shortage.
9. Now you can start packing your items into the moving and packing boxes and make sure to label them accordingly such as the contents. You can start packing items that you will not need right away. Make sure to mark all boxes containing items you will need immediately.
10. Instead of trying to figure out where the boxes will end up at the new location, label the destination onto the boxes as well. One handy tip, avoid using miscellaneous item on the boxes. Make sure you also mark fragile on boxes that contents fragile items. For safety reasons, if some of your boxes are heavy, please label them heavy.