Whether implemented within existing management systems, or to form part of the life of mine plans, mining consulting firms are able to conduct operational production improvement services for the optimisation of management systems. Management and production systems can be optimised for various reasons, these reasons range from the simple upgrades of worn out components, to integrating new technologies in order to streamline processes.
It is Important to Consider the Following in Mine Planning
Various factors need to be taken into consideration during mine planning, or when designing turnaround strategies in order to implement systems which will perform throughout the life of a mine.
- When developing systems during mine planning, it is important to establish infrastructures which fall in line with the life of mine plans.
- A mine plan is in a continuous state of evolution, it is however important to have long-term solutions set in place.
- Multi-disciplinary solutions are crucial to mine planning and turnaround strategies, such as energy, water, and technology.
Phases of Systems Optimisation
The phases of developing system optimisation strategies can be broken down into various characteristics:
- Analysis should be completed in order to assess the performance of existing processes.
- Comparison should be done for alternative systems which can be configured to existing configurations.
- Specifications should be conceptualised in order for the design process to commence.
- The mine planning documentation should fall in line with the suggested changes.
These mine planning and turnaround strategies for optimisation should be checked thereafter to ensure that they meet with compliance regulations. Research can also be compiled as to what benefits they will offer the clients in terms of energy saving, re-use, or improved performance.
A great independent specialist consultancy for mining optimisation and planning is Ukwazi. Through enterpriseslike Ukwazi, the full potential of management systems can be realised viathe use of expert mining consultancy services.